The list below is not complete but a starting point. All the hotels mentioned are known to be OK. We have been given reasonable prices by some hotels, which we are listing. You may be able to get a better deals with booking engines (e.g. www.booking.com, www.hotelscombined.com).
The school venue will be the Faculty of ICT within the University of Malta. Hotels in Sliema are somewhat closer to the venue than those in Valletta (capital city), nonetheless both cities are very well connected through the public transport network.
HOTELS in SLIEMA
All hotels around the Sliema seafront promenade have good and frequent bus connections to Msida. Bus transit time 10-30 mins depending on schedule. The accommodation below is a just selection. All can be found at http://www.booking.com and some have their own websites.
- Victoria Hotel: 4* reliable – slightly further along the Northern promenade but still on main bus route to Msida;
- € 98.00 in a single room per night on BB basis
- € 113.00 in a double room per night on BB basis
- The Palace: 5* next to the Victoria Hotel. Very reliable hotel.
- € 130.00 in a single deluxe room per night on BB basis
- € 150.00 in a double deluxe room per night on BB basis
Above rates are inclusive of all taxes, buffet breakfast, complimentary early check in and late check out (subject to availability), complimentary Wi-Fi internet and complimentary car park in our underground garage. These rates were given to us and if you’re going to chose any of the above hotels, please mention “Keystone Summer School”.
- Hotel Waterfront 4*
Sliema Seafront, SliemaSingle room @ 96E per night on bed & breakfast basisTwin room @ 116E per night on bed & breakfast basis
Kappara Hotel – 3* : University of Malta residence. The hotel is ideally located just 3km away from the shopping centre in Sliema and 4km from the nightlife hub in St Julian’s. The University of Malta is within walking distance. A hotel transport service is also available, as well as a bus stop nearby which is served by a public bus service.Triq Wied Ghollieqa, Kappara, l/o San GwannSingle room @ 50E per night on bed & breakfast basisTwin room @ 65E per night on bed & breakfast basis
OTHER HOTELS in SLIEMA area
- Hotel Kennedy Nova 3*
- Hotel Plevna 3*
- Sliema Hotel 3*
- Sliema Marina 3*
- Preluna Hotel 3*: Icon 1960s architecture. Great sea views from upper floors.
- Imperial Hotel: faded British-style grandeur which might appeal to some.
HOTELS in VALLETTA
The advantage of Valletta is that it is a unique miniature capital city with many architectural and cultural attractions and all places are in walking distance from the bus terminus. A number of buses can be taken to reach the school venue in Msida.
- Excelsior ***** Excellent hotel about 4 mins walking distance from the bus terminus
- Phoenicia ***** Old fashioned. Pleasant private gardens. 3 mins wallking distance from bus terminus.
- Osborne *** Well positioned 7 mins walking distance.
- Castille *** Similar to Osborne – building is quainter. 7 minutes walking.
- British ** Wonderful harbour views. Character but a little tired. 9 mins.
- Grand Harbour ** Similar to British. For both move fast to get a room here.